Cut the Fats in Comfort Foods!!
Comfort food does not have to be synonymous with high fat content. In fact, it's pretty easy to cut back fat in some of your favorite comfort foods. Eat all of your favorite foods this winter without packing on the winter weight gain.
Here's a list of substitutes that will help to make your favorite winter foods a lot more comforting because you'll be eating them guilt-free.
The Dish On...
My New Favorite Thing!!
Homemade Walnut & Cranberry Granola
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1) Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, combine oats, walnuts, salt, and brown sugar.
3) In a microwave safe dish, combine oil, syrup, vanilla and water. Microwave for 1 minute. Drizzle evenly over oats and stir to combine.
4) Spread oats evenly onto a large baking pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
5) Bake for 30 minutes. Stir in cranberries and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool. Store in an airtight container.
On The Menu This Week
|menufortheweek.com Blog Spot|
We'll send you a full week of recipes and complete the grocery list. It's emailed directly to you so all you have to do is print the recipes and shopping list. All of the combing through cookbooks to find meals your family will like is done for you! We tell you exactly:
I love that you are helping me be a better cook! You have made it simple and easy for me... And I’m gaining so much confidence!”
Jeanne, Northglenn, CO
This is an excellent family menu site. The best part is that the recipes are kid friendly and have ingredients that are easily found in any store.
Sherry, Broomfield, CO
Saves me time and money…Saves my family from the same old boring meals!
Marguerite, Thornton, CO