Cut the Fats in Comfort Foods!!
Comfort food does not have to be synonymous with high fat content. In fact, it's pretty easy to cut back fat in some of your favorite comfort foods. Eat all of your favorite foods this winter without packing on the winter weight gain.
Here's a list of substitutes that will help to make your favorite winter foods a lot more comforting because you'll be eating them guilt-free.
The Dish On...
My New Favorite Thing!!
Homemade Walnut & Cranberry Granola
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1) Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, combine oats, walnuts, salt, and brown sugar.
3) In a microwave safe dish, combine oil, syrup, vanilla and water. Microwave for 1 minute. Drizzle evenly over oats and stir to combine.
4) Spread oats evenly onto a large baking pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
5) Bake for 30 minutes. Stir in cranberries and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool. Store in an airtight container.
On The Menu This Week
|menufortheweek.com Blog Spot|
We'll send you a full week of recipes and complete the grocery list. It's emailed directly to you so all you have to do is print the recipes and shopping list. All of the combing through cookbooks to find meals your family will like is done for you! We tell you exactly:
I love not having to stress about dinner!
I just wanted to THANK YOU so much for making my life so much easier! Your recipes are awesome, I don't stress about dinner anymore!
Andrea - Texas
We had your chicken enchiladas last night. Yum!
Julie - Denver, CO